Oracle Block A – Phase 3 – Base Build & Fit Out
A 76,000 sq. ft live design & build project including a full CAT A & B refurbishment. The project involves connecting 2 existing buildings together over 3 floors to form one large modern office space. The connecting structure is a structural steel frame with a glazed atrium roof. In addition to the new structure the existing buildings were stripped back to ‘grey box’ and were fitted out to a very high Cat B standard including full M&E.
The scope also included the removal and replacement of the existing façade, the provision of feature stairs within the atrium, and the completion of a kitchen and gym area to the ground floor. This project achieved a LEED Platinum rating. This is the second LEED Platinum certified project mac have worked on with Oracle.
Project Works include:
- Strip out of two existing buildings, over 3 floors and combine into one.
- Complete envelope replacement.
- New living roof installed.
- Install of 2no. atrium roofs, Installation of a vast amount of structural steel to incorporate the introduction of new feature floor projections offices & stairs to the atria.
- Construction of new campus gym, restaurant and kitchen area on the ground floor..
- Smart building with Intelligent BMS.
- Smart lighting and state of the art AV and connectivity.
- Install of complete new curtain walling to the façade and bauder roof.
- Full Mechanical & Electrical Services installations including chillers, AHUs etc.
- LEED Platinum accreditation.
- Design and build BIM level 2 contract.
Our BIM team managed the following:
- Clash Detection – Collaboration methods which address errors before they had any bearing on cost or schedule. mac implemented a ‘Clash Avoidance Strategy’, mitigating the risk of construction issues through automated coordination.
- As-Built Status – Point cloud verification analyses the impact of variance in existing structural slab and soffit levels. This is vital to coordinate services as the ceiling and raised access floor voids are minimal.
- Level Of Detail – Appropriate LOD is used to inspect the impact of services, supports and clearance zones, without impacting schedule through excessive modelling.
Oracle multiple projects:
mac has been contracted by Oracle to renovate and upgrade multiple blocks in the Eastpoint campus for the company’s growing employee base in Dublin. Works have included structural enhancements, façade replacements, plant strip out and full mechanical & electrical installations. New restaurant, gym and exercise facilities with state of the art audio visual and meeting space. Smart buildings with intelligent BMS with two buildings achieving LEED Platinum accreditations.
This is the third time mac was selected by Oracle to develop their office blocks in Dublin.
Oracle EastPoint Business Park, Dublin – Read about Phase 1 Block B and Phase 2 Block C.
Total Duration of the 3 phases: 92 Weeks
Key Project Challenges:
- Live business park
- Structural alterations
- Live Data Centre
- Live integrated services