I am a QS at mac but have also recently been helping out in the estimating department, therefore I can either be on site or in the office which really helps to motivate me. There are lots of opportunities within mac that help to develop skills and responsibilities and it is a continuous learning curve. I love that everyone within mac has made me feel so welcome and there are lots of social, team bonding events, which really makes for a great atmosphere within the working environment.
Bid Manager – Ireland
Bid Manager – Ireland
The Bid Manager will have a strong writing focus with exceptional technical copywriting abilities, developing technical and business content for bids and proposals and also managing the bid pipeline with the support of the wider bid team. The role requires preparation of the bid strategy, writing, reviewing and editing content, managing bid team members to produce written bid responses and presentation collateral in line with customer requirements and deadlines.
- Upon receipt of tender documentation create job specific Estimating folder, download/upload all tender documentation including drawings, commercial documentation, models etc.
- Follow procedure in line with QMS to progress relevant forms i.e. bid/no bid, Risk and Opportunity Register, Site Visit forms, Bid Launch minutes template etc
- Review all tender documentation to establish project brief, tender return technical requirements, commercial requirements and highlight contractual obligations/requirements
- Complete bid/no bid in line with business plans extracting key information from tender documentation to complete bid/no bid for board approval
- Upon agreed bid, set date for bid launch which entails briefing relevant team members of project and tender return requirements
- Set milestones for tender process including internal periodic tender reviews
- Attend/arrange site visit and ensure all QMS forms are completed to reflect visit
- Act as main point of contact for client/client representative for the duration of the tender period
- Liaise with client/client representative in relation to RFI’s, addenda, site visits and/or mid tender briefings
- Ensure all internal team members are clearly briefed on specific tender return requirements
- Engage with internal team members throughout the tender period to ensure the specific requirements issued from the client or ER are clearly responded to
- Ensure all team members required to input into returns adhere to tender period milestones through regular communication
- Create a clear tender return document structure for graphic designers to follow when collating final document for submission
- Review all tender return information prior to inclusion in final submission
- Work with relevant internal team members to ensure production of all elements of a return are completed in line with client requirements and within mac brand guidelines such as video/animation, tablet with content, physical folder design.
- Ensure timely delivery of tender return documentation via online portal or physical hard copy