I am a QS at mac but have also recently been helping out in the estimating department, therefore I can either be on site or in the office which really helps to motivate me. There are lots of opportunities within mac that help to develop skills and responsibilities and it is a continuous learning curve. I love that everyone within mac has made me feel so welcome and there are lots of social, team bonding events, which really makes for a great atmosphere within the working environment.
A mac PM takes overall personal responsibility for their construction or fit-out project until end of defects liability period (retention release). They are given autonomy and scope to learn and grow within a steadily growing business. Project managers report directly to the relevant divisional director.
- Developing the contract programme, establishing sequence and timing of operations necessary for the completion of the work and ensure all necessary resources are in place
- Oversight and management of sub-contractor selection, appointment, and management
- Driving the implementation of commercial procedures
- Delivery of and compliance with, quality and health and safety procedures and legislation requirements
- Monitoring and managing your team’s performance
- Ensure all relevant information is collated, reviewed and actioned at regular contract review meetings.
- Attend client/consultant meetings, prepare and respond to the requirements of the meeting to ensure client satisfaction and exceed expectations
- Maintain effective communication with existing clients, known consultants, contractors, sub- contractors and suppliers.
- Authorise placing of sub-contractor and supplier orders in accordance with the Limit of Authority document.
- Recruitment and management of site personnel in line with Company HR Policies and procedures.
What do we want?
- Degree level qualification in Construction Management / Civil Engineering or equivalent with experience and professional accreditation
- A track record /experience of project management
- Proven ability to lead teams and manage relationships with all involved parties constructively and collaboratively
- Self-starter, highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Exceptional attention to detail evidenced through successful project(s) delivery and client satisfaction
- Focused on continuous project /process improvement and balancing client expectations against business interest