Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager with minimum of 5 years’ experience, responsible for managing mechanical, electrical and specialist systems contracts on numerous high-end, fast track commercial fit outs and industrial construction projects across Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree/Diploma Level in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience within the construction industry managing
mechanical and electrical contracts in excess of €5m.
- Ability in managing large M&E projects across the industrial, commercial & fit-out sectors.
- Knowledge of M&E construction techniques, their implementation and commissioning processes.
- Ability to integrate with construction teams, provide regular updates on programme and performance of sub-contractors.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage numerous teams and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational, planning & programme management skills.
- Previous experience with established Mechanical /Electrical contractors preferred would be advantageous.
Technical Services Manager is responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all mechanical and electrical requirements on multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to integrate with the construction team and provide regular updates on programme and performance of the mechanical and electrical sub-contractors.
The successful candidate will be charged with managing the mechanical and electrical sub- contractors from start to finish to ensure smooth delivery, commissioning and final handover of the building services installation.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Managing Mechanical & Electrical elements of live projects from inception through installation to final commissioning and project handover.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and 3rd party specialist contractors to develop installation and commissioning programmes.
- Ensuring M&E design, installation & commissioning programmes are incorporated into the master construction programme.
- Chair meetings with Design Team members and sub-contractors on a regular basis to ensure the construction, installation and commissioning works are developing as planned.
- Provide M&E technical input and advise as required for live projects and tenders.
- Liaising with the commercial and project management teams on commercial aspects relevant to the role as required.
- Coordinating temporary M&E site services as required.
- Carryout regular quality control checks on M&E installations to ensure works are installed as per the design intent and specification.
- Managing the flow of information from the M&E design team and subcontractors, advising the project team of any impact on progress and programme.
- Managing the procurement process to ensure all plant and materials are specification compliant and ensure delivery is within the required programme constraints.
- Management of the commissioning process, ensuring the installation and commissioning works are managed in accordance with the relevant quality procedures.
- Provide input to handover documentation, ensuring all project certification is issued within the constraints of the project.
- Strong Health and Safety awareness.
- Must be client interfacing.