Bristol-Myers Squibb Swords Refurbishment
The refurbishment at BMS Swords comprised of 20,000 sq. ft. of an existing administration building. This project was over 4 phases with the building remaining fully occupied throughout.
Our BIM team managed the following for this project:
- Successful delivery of COBie asset information. This deliverable raised significant challenges as a relatively new requirement to the Irish Industry.
- Coordination and clash avoidance between several different systems in densely populated ceiling voids.
- Integration of sub-contractor models in different BIM formats raising challenges relating to shared coordinates and model exports.
- Development of Design Intent to Virtual Construction Model including specialized tile grid ceilings and support rods.
- Development of Canteen model as per spec on behalf of sub-contractors with limited BIM capability.
- On-site verification of as-built model requiring regular project team meetings to collaborate several sub-task teams information requiring a federated interior model hosting master 2d sheets.
- IFC format model specification for AIM handover.
- Quality control of 2D deliverables including all annotations and dimensions.
This project was completed by our Dublin team #TEAMmac
Bristol-Myers Squibb has trusted mac with two of their pharmaceutical fit out projects in Swords and Cruiserath.
Bristol-Myers Squibb are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.