Report To: Project Managers or Contracts Manager
Main Interfaces: mac Site team, Customers and Supply Chain
Overall Purpose of the Role
- To take responsibility for the overall management of the site in respect of progress, health and safety, quality and environmental compliance.
- To ensure that the Site team works collaboratively and communicates regularly and openly both internally and with our customers and supply chain partners.
- To insist that all operations are carried out correctly resulting in a completed product that all parties involved will be proud of.
- Promote Best Practice in all aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Management Systems and Policies for Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental.
- Take responsibility for all of the management systems requirements for the duration of the contract period.
- Be responsible and accountable for health and safety on site both in terms of planning and delivery and to provide leadership to the site team and supply chain.
- Take responsibility for the construction programme both in ensuring adherence to it and monitoring and regularly reporting on it.
- Develop and implement short-term and target programmes with input from the supply chain and other members of the site team and ensure adherence to them.
- As and when required, and in conjunction with line management, develop and implement recovery, acceleration and completion programmes and ensure adherence to them.
For points 3) to 6) above, assistance will be given throughout the contract period from the mac Planner.
- Provide assistance to the Design Manager and the Project Quantity Surveyor in order to produce design programmes, information required schedules and procurement programmes respectively.
- Hold regular internal meetings with the site team to review Health and Safety, Quality, Programme and Environmental performance.
- Develop and deliver site inductions and toolbox talks (this duty may be dependent on the project size and specific site responsibilities).
- Carry out role of mentor to new/junior staff.
- Fulfill the role of Temporary Works Coordinator (training will be provided).
- Plan and organise the site facilities and logistics and be accountable for hired plant.
- Ensure regular meetings with the supply chain to ensure the above takes place.
- Attend pre-commencement meetings with the supply chain and quantity surveyor.
- Attend client and design team meetings and present any requested reports.
- Co-operate with the local Quality Manager when reviewing compliance with the Quality Management System and action any findings or suggestions for improvement.
- Take responsibility for instilling in the mac Site team and the supply chain the need to complete all relevant inspections and documentation to ensure all works are carried out properly and in accordance with the contract drawings and specification.
- Ensure that all non-compliant work is identified and rectified promptly.
- Liaise with the Aftercare Manager and ensure that the project is handed over such that they are only expected to deal with latent defects.
- Co-operate with the local Environmental Manager when reviewing compliance with the Environmental Management System and action any findings or suggestions for improvement.
- Co-operate with the local Business Development Manager and keep them informed of any opportunities for publicity of the company.
- Attend training courses as requested by the HR/People Development Manager.
- Co-operate with the HR/People Development Manager to allow other site team members’ training and development needs to be met.
- Co-operate with the Supply Chain Manager and provide feedback on the supply chain’s performance on a regular basis.
Skills Experience & Qualifications
- A multi-skilled trade background and/or degree qualification or equivalent
- Technical knowledge of construction build processes and defects
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and have a good level of knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- CSCS Site Managers Card
- SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid Certificate (preferable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Understands and applies commercial principles in terms of cost, profit, market and added value