As the mac-group continues on its growth trajectory, we are looking for a Senior Technical Services Manager with minimum of 10 years’ experience, who will be responsible for managing mechanical, electrical and specialist systems contracts on numerous high-end, fast track commercial fit outs and industrial construction projects across Ireland. The successful Senior Technical Services Manager will be responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all mechanical & electrical requirements on multiple projects simultaneously and be charged with managing the mechanical and electrical sub-contractors from start to finish to ensure smooth delivery, commissioning and final handover of the building services installation.
The ideal Senior Technical Services Manager Candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience within the construction industry managing mechanical and electrical contracts in excess of €10m.
- A strong track record managing large M&E projects across Industrial, Commercial & Fit Out.
- Knowledge of varied M&E construction techniques, their implementation and commissioning processes.
- Experience in delivering projects from Pre-Construction through implementation to commissioning and handover.
- Ability to integrate with construction teams and provide regular updates on programme and performance of sub-contractors.
- Must be client interfacing and have a strong commercial understanding and awareness.
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage numerous teams and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organisational, planning & programme management skills.
- Previous project / site management experience with established Mechanical /Electrical contractors preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing Mechanical & Electrical elements of live projects from inception through installation to final commissioning and project handover.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and 3rd party specialist contractors to develop installation and commissioning programmes.
- Ensuring M&E design, installation & commissioning programmes are incorporated into the master construction programme.
- Chair meetings with Design Team members and subcontractors on a regular basis to ensure the construction, installation and commissioning works are developing as planned.
- Providing M&E technical input and advise as required for live projects and tenders.
- Liaising with the Commercial and Project Management teams on commercial aspects relevant to the role as required.
- Coordinating temporary M&E services as required.
- Carryout regular quality control checks on M&E installations to ensure works are installed as per the design intent and specification.
- Managing the flow of information from the M&E design team and subcontractors and advising the project team of any impact on progress and programme.
- Managing the procurement process to ensure all plant and materials are specification compliant and ensure delivery within the required programme requirements.
- Management of the commissioning process, ensuring the installation and commissioning works are managed in accordance with the relevant quality procedures.
- Provide input to handover documentation, ensuring all project certification is issued within the constraints of the project.
- Strong Health and Safety awareness.
- Must be client interfacing.
- Degree/Diploma Level in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience within the construction industry.
- LEED Qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
mac-group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our workforce and seeks to establish itself as an employer of choice within the construction industry. Our culture is designed to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely based on personal merit and contribution throughout their career with mac-group. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us to maintain our ongoing success.