We are offering a challenging role to showcase your abilities as a Senior Project Manager. This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a team with a winning mentality and a passion for success.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Be accountable for the safe delivery of allocated projects, to the client’s specification, ensuring that project objectives, agreed timescales and budgets are delivered. The Senior project manager will apply the project management processes set out by the client throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and deliver the project, on time, to budget and quality.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the project.
- Support the Contracts Director to ensure that it is accurately cost forecasted.
- Manage and monitor resources to ensure they are available across disciplines to deliver the project.
- Work with the client and key stakeholders to establish effective collaborative relationships, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change.
- Provide accurate project performance data to senior managers and company directors on a periodic basis.
- Implement and manage the change control process.
- Ensure proactive risk management is adhered to ensuring periodic review and action with the project team.
- Manage client reporting as required including periodic project reports, programme updates, KPI data, performance and other requirements as specified.
- Manage the project HSE including RAMS.
- Conduct lessons learnt and disseminate to the wider organisation to ensure feedback to bids ensuring lessons are incorporated into new works.
- Proactively identify and follow up on opportunities to develop new business.
- Identify opportunities within the project and contribute toward sharing of best practice within the project management organisation.
- Detailed understanding of CDM regulations (2015) and assessment of requirements as applicable to the project where applicable.
- Always comply to the requirements of the client’s HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Actively support & encourage the client’s HSQE principles across projects.
- Travel where and when necessary
- Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues.
This role description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged of the Senior Project Manager. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder regularly.
- 10 years plus experience in the management of large-scale construction projects and multi-disciplinary construction teams
- Sound knowledge of construction delivery within specialised industrial sectors including for example, life sciences, food, mission critical and data centres, etc.
- Previous experience in promoting and ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety on large-scale construction projects.
- Experience of Digital Project Delivery.
Qualifications & Training
- Degree level qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
- Additional professional qualifications in Engineering or Construction/Project Management.
- Leadership Skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate colleagues and others and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication Skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the mac-group brand.
- External Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, the public and the supply chain particularly in a health and safety management context.
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who are influencers and enablers for change in achieving the strategic objectives of mac-group
- Initiative: is able to get results in an effective way either individually or collectively as a team. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.
mac-group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our workforce and seeks to establish itself as an employer of choice within the construction industry. Our culture is designed to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely based on personal merit and contribution throughout their career with mac-group. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us to maintain our ongoing success.