Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company.
Supported by the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller will manage the transactional team and supervise all aspects of accounting from sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash posting, payroll to tax compliance and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively by managing all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, work in progress, revenue recognition, and various special analyses
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Maintain statutory records for the business
- Review of all management account packs
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans, and other large quantities of money
- Handle VAT, PAYE and tax duties including Corporation Tax
- Manage working capital
- Keep an organised filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments, and debts
- Prepare and organise financial statements for record and review
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial reports
- Manage the monthly/quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts
- Organise information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
- Ensuring the company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional duties as needed
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Good understanding of PAYE and VAT
- Minimum two years’ experience at Financial Controller level
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database, or other system knowledge. Advanced Excel and Power BI skills are desirable.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Excellent communicator
- Experience of working in one of our specialist fields would be beneficial
mac-group is an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and seeks to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their career with mac-group. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us achieve our best.