The Position: Reporting to the Director of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with a dotted reporting line into the Group EHS Director.
The Company: mac-group is a multi-award-winning specialist Construction and Interior fit out company. Founded in 2002, our mission is to construct, restore and repurpose commercial buildings; to exceed the expectations of clients, consultants and staff; and to question and improve upon all that has gone before. Our clients are blue-chip, and our business is repeat in nature.
This year, we are celebrating 20 years in business. This is a significant milestone for our team, and we intended to celebrate like we do best. Now is the time to join us and be a part of this?
- Supporting delivery of client project sustainability strategies, sustainability-related statutory and best practice requirements on projects.
- Working with project teams to drive innovation, exemplar best practices and embed processes into bidding, design, procurement, and delivery to ensure successful delivery of business targets.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in line with mac-group’s sustainability systems, governance gateways and assurance requirements, including implementation of risk assessments and timely collation of data for reporting purposes including business KPIs, external corporate commitments and green building certifications.
- Ensuring green building certifications are achieved, managing scorecards, coordinating design credits and ensuring construction credits are achieved.
- Carrying out ISO 14001 audits and ensuring ISO compliance within and business.
- Collecting data and reporting on ESG targets, developing new initiatives to improve ESG within the business. Environmental sponsor on ESG Strategy/ESG Working Party.
- Developing training and awareness content including toolbox talks for Environmental Awareness Week and other briefing sessions.
- Ensuring waste compliance.
- Ensuring all carbon reporting is completed in line with government requirements.
- Contribute to work-winning activities by seeking, writing and reviewing environmental evidence in tenders and bids.
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day-to-day duties and hours worked.
- Regular travel to mac sites and offices is a pre-requisite of the role.
This role description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged of the Environmental Advisor. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder regularly.
- Degree level and/or relevant experience in appropriate environmental discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation.
- Practical knowledge of waste management.
- Experience of the facilities management and/or construction sector.
- Experience of working closely with teams, contractors, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of collating, monitoring, and reporting environmental data.
- Experience of working in construction is beneficial but not essential.
- Good communicator, with the ability to listen, interpret business requirements and engage with the business effectively.
- Ability to produce concise clear reports when required and work to deadlines.
- A high degree of professionalism with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to work under own initiative, take responsibility and reflect the business values at all times.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Team working skills with the desire to collaborate and deliver value to colleagues and stakeholders alike.
- LEED/BREEAM/ WELL
- Carbon reporting
- ISO- Audits/ compliance with the system
- CORA- Waste/ electricity tracking (training on CORA will be provided)
- Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Energy/ carbon reporting SECR/ESOS
- BREEAM knowledge
- Implementing ISO 14001
- Leadership Skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate colleagues and others and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication Skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the mac-group brand.
- External Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, the public and the supply chain, particularly in a health and safety management context.
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who are influencers and enablers for change in achieving the strategic objectives of mac-group.
- Initiative: is able to get results in an effective way either individually or collectively as a team. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty and commitment.
At mac we know that our people and our community are vital to our success, which is why we treat both as our extended family. We sponsor local talented sports stars, and we donate generously to local charities. It’s who we are.
We are committed to hiring the best talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognising and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Business mileage paid at higher rate
- Life Assurance 4 times annual salary from day one of service
- Excellent healthcare scheme following probationary period
- Contributory Pension Scheme – 5% employer contribution
- 21 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service + birthday leave + Christmas Gift Days
- Excellent working environment
- Commitment to CPD and professional development
- Commitment to Employee Health & Wellbeing
mac-group is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our workforce and seeks to establish itself as an employer of choice within the construction industry. Our culture is designed to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely based on personal merit and contribution throughout their career with mac-group. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us to maintain our ongoing success.