Irish Life, 24-26 City Quay, Dublin 2
This project comprised of a CAT A refurbishment and extension of 24 – 26 City Quay. The building was occupied for the duration of the project with two floors initially, later increasing to three floors.
- Strip out and refurbishment of the main double height reception on the ground floor, including the provision of new floor and ceilings finishes, new wall finishes to selected areas, associated M&E, security turnstiles, provision of new ramp access and associated balustrading, repairs to the existing cladding, new furniture items including reception desk and canopy/waiting areas and new feature walls.
- Complete strip out and refurbishment of the main office spaces on the ground, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th floors to receive full CAT A fit out consisting of new raised access flooring, ceiling finishes of metal suspended tile and plasterboard bulkhead, new mechanical and electrical installations, along with the strip out and refurbishment of the existing lifts, lift reveals/lobbies, toilet cores and stair cores to all levels.
- The provision of a temporary Satellite Platform to the existing roof to house neighbouring broadcasting satellite dishes to facilitate commencement of extension works.
- Works to the occupied 1st floor consisted generally of fire upgrades to the existing fire shutters, existing fire windows overlooking the reception, complete refurbishment of the existing toilet core, lift reveals, new lobby to Stairs 3 and replacement roof and decking works to external terraces.
- Refurbishment of the second floor similar to upper floors, however, works to the second floor were only be completed when Tenant 2 vacated the space and took occupation of the 3rd floor.
- Construction of new shower block facility in the basement following installation of the new mechanical plant at roof level.
- Completion of €2.1m CAT B fit out to levels 2 & 3 under separate contract.
- Provision of a new extension to the existing 4th floor and to the rear of the 5th floor including new façade treatments to sections of the existing along with the installation of new façade to the extended area, extension of Stair 1 from existing 5th floor to roof, extension of existing Stair 3 from 4th floor to 5th floor along with the re-cladding of this Stair 3 from existing 4th floor to new 5th floor.
- Existing roof finishes were stripped out complete to the current roof on the 4th floor and services trenches formed within existing roof screed. The existing main roof was stripped back to insulation allowing for repairs to the same where required, a completely new roof finish to existing roof and tied into new roof from extended 5th floor including all associated completions and fittings.
- New screened plantroom was formed over new extension at rear of roof and new mechanical plant installed at roof level with full reconfiguration of the existing service risers.
- Live building
- Constrained by Dublin city centre site
- Satellite relocation
This project is now certified to LEED Gold.
This project was completed by our team in Dublin #TEAMmac