Ardmore Studios, Herbert Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow
This project involved the demolition of existing administrative building (c.2,000 sq .ft.), security building (c.300 sq. ft.) and workshop (c.1,800 sq. ft.), construction of a new film studio building comprising a stage area (c.22,000 sq. ft.), and a 5 storey support building comprising support spaces, stores/props, waiting areas, changing areas, hair/make-up, production offices/admin, loading areas and plant.
The new stage and support building were constructed on the site of the existing surface car park, which was demolished and replaced with the undercroft car park. A new standalone security building was constructed at the main entrance, along with a redesign of the entrance and internal road layout, including new footpaths, cycle parking, control points and delivery/lay-by areas. The existing pillars at the main Ardmore entrance were relocated to the avenue within the site.
Project Works include:
Mechanical & Electrical Scope
Ardmore has been home to TV and film productions for over 40 years, following its launch in 1958, it has played host to such high profile productions as Michael Anderson’s Shake Hands with the Devil in 1959; Francis Ford Coppolla’s Dementia 13 in 1963 and Martin Ritt’s The Spy Who Came in from the Cold in 1965.
|Size:||45,500 sq. ft.|
|Duration:||57 Weeks (interrupted by COVID-19)|
|Team:||Project Management Consultant: Turner & Townsend
Cost Consultants: Scollard & Doyle
Architects: McCauley Daye O’Connell
Structural & Civil Engineers: Kavanagh Burke
M&E: METEC Consulting Engineers