To assist the Group EHS Manager and Senior EHS Manager (UK) in coordinating and implementation of internal EHS procedures across all our sites and to ensure all mac-group projects are compliant with applicable legislative requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote a positive EHS culture throughout our sites, highlighting and promoting best practice
- Provide safety, health and environmental advice and support to project teams
- Carry out inspections and audits of construction sites and prepare reports summarising the findings
- Ensure construction EHS documentation is in place prior to the commencement of projects
- Monitor, review and implement improvements to site performance through regular inspections and audits
- Undertake accident/incident investigations and liaise with external bodies/ clients
- Assist with EHS inductions for new starters
- Assist and participate in the highlighting of risks and training on site
- Agree remedial action with site management team if necessary
- Ensure relevant company safety documentation is maintained on site
- Assist in the delivery of EHS training as required
- Ensure compliance with company management systems
- Investigate injuries and incidents on sites, prepare reports and put in place measures to avoid reoccurrence
- Discipline those on sites found to be in breach of company policy/procedures and / or site EHS rules
- Assist in training site based staff on use of digital technology
- NEBOSH general construction certificate or equivalent
- Experience with CDM and Management system
- Over 3 years’ experience within Construction, Fit Out or Civil Engineering.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- NEBOSH or equivalent diploma
- Graduate Membership of IOSH working towards Chartered Membership.
- Environmental Management Qualification, Lead or Internal Auditor Qualification
- ONC/HNC/Degree in construction related subject
- Able to work as a member of a team, but also able to work alone to tight deadlines
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- High standard of written English and good communication skills, including strong presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to liaise with our employees of all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and other related legislation/industry practice
- Working with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Working in the construction industry
- High quality of personal standards and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Flexibility to travel with occasional overnight stays
The role will be primarily based within the West Midlands however travel to other areas of England and Wales the South West will be required monthly.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive, and the post holder will be expected to carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time and are broadly consistent with the role profile and the status of the post with the company.
You will be expected to carry out all duties in the context of and in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
mac-group is an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and seeks to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their career with mac-group. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us achieve our best.